|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Dream Consultant -- TechShop DC-Arlington|
|Location: Arlington, VA|
|Job Number: DC-DCA|
TechShop DC-Arlington is now accepting applications for a bright, enthusiastic, self-motivated Jack or Jill-of-all-trades to work as a part-time Dream Consultants/facilities technician. Night and weekend availability is required.
TechShop's Dream Consultants (DCs) are the linchpins in our mission to provide a transformative experience for each and every one of our members. In this role, you'll need to be a mentor, coach, project planner, industrial designer, equipment operator, safety expert, software guru, instructor, sales person and everything in between. Above all else, your job is to encourage our members to believe in themselves and provide the real-time support and guidance they need to make progress on their projects. Dream Consultants work in many ways to ensure that TechShop is an environment where dreams are not just nurtured, but realized.
|The ideal candidate has the following experience and skill set:|
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to)
- Relevant industry, job or hobbyist experience
- Mentoring or teaching experience
- Fantastic customer service skills and a desire to work closely with people
- Intermediate computer skills: proficiency with the Internet, email, Google Apps, Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly learn the use of new tools and machines
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Ability to effectively communicate shop and member issues
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized shop with attention to detail
- Enjoy the process of learning and sharing skills
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Creating a fun, safe and engaging environment for our members
- Building TechShop’s community through member engagement
- Being available to members for questions and assistance
- Giving tours to new and potential members
- Knowing and enforcing all TechShop rules and policies
- Maintaining secured member project storage space
- Performing preventative maintenance and repair on TechShop equipment
- Possessing working knowledge of all TechShop tools and equipment
- Teaching Safety and Basic Use (SBU) classes when needed
- Performing general facilities maintenance, organization and cleaning
- Performing consulting, training and prototyping services when needed
- Completion of shift checklists and End of Shift reports
$11-14/hour (based on experience). Perks include equipment training, full TechShop membership, free classes and the opportunity to work with an amazing group of peers and members.
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply.
Please, no phone calls about this position.