|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Instructor: Injection Molding -- TechShop DC-Arlington|
|Job Number: INSTR-DCA|
We are looking for a talented individual with teaching experience and a passion for making and building to join our team at TechShop DC-Arlington.
More than a building full of amazing tools, TechShop is a community of makers, builders, tinkerers, inventors and interesting people. As such, our instructors are an important element of the shop and are responsible for teaching machine skills, safety, etiquette, and responsibility.
If you have experience with injection molding, we're looking for you! Naturally, having skills in other areas of the shop will help you in the application process, and you may also teach in other areas if you so choose. Our instructors work as 1099 contractors, teaching a minimum of 12 hours per month.
|We are specifically looking for someone with the following:|
- Proficiency with injection molding
- Experience teaching these skills to others
- Teaching experience preferred
- Ability to work well with others and accommodate changing demands in a busy shop environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Start and end class on time
- Teach class content, as directed
- Teach and demonstrate TechShop safety rules, policies and etiquette
- Inspire and encourage TechShop members
- Promote TechShop special offers at the end of class
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Manage class paperwork
- Evaluate student performance (pass/fail)
- Inform TechShop Facilities if class materials are running low
$20-$25/hour based on experience. First month's TechShop membership is free, and instructors continue to earn a free membership when teaching 12 hours or more per month.
Get started by filling out an application here.
Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.