|Back to List of Job Openings|
|STEAM Instructor -- TechShop St. Louis|
|Location: St. Louis, MO|
|Job Number: STEAM-STL|
We are looking for an engaging, experienced STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) instructor to teach classes to youth (ages 8-17) in a fun, healthy, and hands-on environment at our new TechShop St. Louis location.
We are especially looking for individuals who are familiar with and can teach electronics. Instructors work as contractors teaching at least 12 hours per month. STEAM instructors may have the possibility to teach classes to adults if they express interest.
|The ideal candidates will have teaching experience, good interpersonal skills, and work well with many different kinds of children. Afternoon and weekend availability is preferred. |
- Start and end class in a punctual manner
- Teach class content, as directed and in a fun and safe way
- Teach and demonstrate TechShop safety rules, policies and etiquette
- Inspire and encourage children
- Promote TechShop STEAM programs/classes/camps at the end of class to parents
- Talk to children's parents and handle concerns
- Background check is required
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Knowledge of basic electronics
- Familiar with 2D and 3D design software
- Volunteer experience or experience teaching children
- CPR/first aid certifications, teaching certifications, and/or being bilingual are plusses
- $15-20/hour as a 1099 contractor
- First month's TechShop membership is free, and instructors continue to earn a free membership when teaching 12 hours or more per month
- Training on tools and classes available
Interested? Send your resume and a compelling introductory letter with the subject line "STEAM Instructor Application" to STEAM.email@example.com.
Note: Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.