|Back to List of Job Openings|
|Instructors -- TechShop San Francisco|
|Location: San Francisco, CA|
|Job Number: INSTR-SF|
We are looking for talented people with teaching experience and a passion for making and building to join our team at TechShop San Francisco.
More than a building full of amazing tools, TechShop is a community of makers, builders, tinkerers, inventors and interesting people. As such, our instructors are an important element of the shop and are responsible for teaching machine skills, safety, etiquette and responsibility.
We are especially looking for individuals who are familiar with and can teach electronics. Instructors work as contractors, teaching 12–20 hours per month.
|The ideal candidates have the following:|
- Experience in instructional area
- Teaching experience preferred
- Ability to work well with others and accommodate changing demands in a busy shop environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Start and end class on time
- Teach class content, as directed
- Teach and demonstrate TechShop safety rules, policies and etiquette
- Inspire and encourage TechShop members
- Promote TechShop special offers at the end of class
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Manage class paperwork
- Evaluate student performance (pass/fail)
- Inform TechShop Facilities if class materials are running low
$25/hour. First month's TechShop membership is free, and instructors continue to earn a free membership when teaching 12 hours or more per month.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted in this manner in order to be considered. Not all applicants will receive a reply. Please, no phone calls about this position.